Validity Foundation,the European Network on Independent Living, Disability Rights International, the Centre for Human Rights at the University of Pretoria, the International Disability Alliance, the International Disability and Development Consortium, and the Disability Rights Fund/Disability Rights Advocacy Fund are pleased to invite you to the launch of the COVID-19 Disability Rights Monitor report.
The report will place a spotlight on how persons with disabilities worldwide were disproportionately affected by COVID-19 and States responses. The report will focus in particular on the lives, health and safety of persons with disabilities living in institutions, the measures targeting persons with disabilities living in the community as well as underrepresented groups of persons with disabilities (children, homeless persons and persons living in remote and rural locations) and access to healthcare.
The event will gather survey respondents, organisations representative of persons with disabilities, representatives from the United Nations and civil society organisations to advance discussions on COVID-19 disability-inclusive responses and recovery plans.
When? – Thursday, 22 October, 3-5pm CEST (Geneva time)
Where? – Zoom, click on REGISTER NOW
Who? – Invited speakers include:
- Persons with disabilities who will provide their personal testimonies from around the world
- Danlami Basharu, Chair of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Gerard Quinn, incoming UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Dainius Puras, ex-UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health
- Ikponwosa Ero, UN Independent Expert on the Rights of Persons with Albinism